I have been trying my best to have productive days this Summer so I’m not just sitting around and being lazy. I have been really loving the “GirlBoss” trend, and if you don’t know what a GirlBoss is, it is a female in control, taking charge of her own circumstances in work & life. Someone who knows her worth and won’t accept anything less. She is not a “mean girl” in fact, she hates “mean girls.” She is empowering and inspiring to those around her. The term is tied to the book #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso who is the founder of Nastygal, it is a great book and I highly recommend reading it, also Netflix came out with an original show based off the book and it’s amazing.
I have done some research and I have picked 7 things that successful people or “GirlBosses” do daily to share with you guys.
- Make a Daily Routine – Make a daily routine to follow, write it down and make a habit out of it so you have the most productive day.
- Plan your day out the night before – This will help you know what you need to do the next day and writing it down will help you remember to do it. I like to put my plan for the next day in my bullet journal and on my google calendar on my phone.
- Making your bed – Making your bed helps your room look cleaner and it’s always nice to get into a nice clean bed at night and not a bed where you are trying to find a spot in between of the piles on your bed.
- Tidy up every day – Take 10 minutes ever day to tidy up one spot of your room, so on the weekend you don’t have to deep clean your whole room and I know personally if my room is a mess I feel like my life is too, so having a clean room helps me have a clear mind.
- Go to bed and wake up earlier- having a sleep routine is good, but let’s say you go to bed at 12:00 pm and wake up at 7:00 am, try going to bed at 10:30 pm and wake up at 5:50-6:00 am. I like to use the bedtime setting that comes with my iPhone cause it tells me how many hours I am sleeping, has an alarm, and tracks my sleep.
- Dress Up – There is a quote “Dress for the job you have not the job you have” if you dress up even on the days you are cleaning around the house you are more likely to be productive.
- Educate yourself – There is always more you can learn, so read a book or watch a Ted talks or even research a topic you have recently had an interest in. I love educating myself on human rights, animal cruelty, the benefits of veganism (environmentally and health wise), and mental health, and any topic that I find interesting.
Those are just 7 out of som any things you can do to be successful if you want I can do a part 2 of this blog post.